We are a distributed, but highly collaborative, boutique studio. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week, remote, project management role.
Project managers at Command C are the key point of contact for clients and internal technical team members. They are responsible for ensuring all communication is properly filtered between clients and developers. Organization, efficiency, attention to detail, skillful boundary setting, and multitasking are key skills.
The majority of the work we do is retainer-based development for longterm client’s stores. We onboard a handful of new clients, including retainer and full scope builds/migrations each year. We do not do any design or marketing work – we are solely an ecommerce development partner. Project managers are typically responsible for 10-20 clients at a time. It’s a fast-paced role where project managers are often switching gears between projects and clients quite frequently. The ability to self manage and be extremely organized is critical to the role.
While we adopt elements of agile, we are not a fully agile shop. Our workflow is customized to the type of work we do and blends elements of agile and waterfall project management approaches.
Command C is the go-to ecommerce development team of choice – we bring the best project management, strategic partnership and development, and internal tools that provide transparency and clear ROI.
Our systems and processes are tight, lean, simple, and smart. Our clients love us. Our team benefits from a workplace where we can bring our authentic selves, that supports ownership thinking, and a healthy work/life balance.
- Monitor and facilitate all communication between all parties involved on any given project: you are the shield for the development team and the filter for the client
- Onboard new clients and projects; execute post-launch follow-ups and monitoring
- Client expectation management
- Budget, timeline, scope management and negotiation
- Planning and managing development sprints and project timelines
- Monitor and facilitate moving projects swiftly through the project pipeline
- Provide estimates, keep detailed track of all project costs and prepare billing documents
- Keep detailed track of your time
- Lead client meetings and ensure clients feel informed and trusting throughout the course of their project or retainer as necessary; keeping detailed notes; setting to dos and following up where necessary
- Make suggestions for improving our systems and PM processes
- Define and document systems and processes
Ideal Candidate Qualities:
- Incredibly detail oriented & organized
- Ability to thrive and self-manage effectively while working remotely
- Extremely web-savvy
- Friendly and calm under fire
- Ability to skillfully set clear boundaries and manage expectations, ensuring projects stay within scope, while not alienating clients
- Can understand and untangle technical jargon
- Fast learner
- Professional, but accessible and fun in communications
- Expert communicator and presenter in meetings, on the phone; has superb written and proofing skills
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to do what it takes to see projects through to their successful completion
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast paced, deadline and detail driven environment
- Willingness to stick to and improve upon existing processes
- Committed to excellence
- You have experience in the ecommerce space
- You have experience with Shopify, Magento, and/or BigCommerce
- You have experience with content creation and/or content management
- You live in North Carolina
- 2-3 years minimum experience in digital project management
- Experience working in the ecommerce space
- Knowledge of Basecamp, Clickup, Slack, Microsoft Office, Google Apps
- General working knowledge of Magento, Shopify, WordPress, BigCommerce
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Health insurance, 401k, PTO, disability insurance, parental leave, professional development assistance
Please send in your resume, cover letter, and provide an email interaction between you and a client that best represents your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please give specific examples of your project management experience and past tools and methodology you have used. Please put “I’d love to work at Command C – Project Manager” in the subject of the email.
Deadline: Start date is asap