WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking to add additional resources to our team without disrupting our culture and the operating style we currently have. The digital project manager (DPM) role is a part-time (20hrs/week), contract position to start. The DPM is the key point of contact for clients and internal technical team members. They are responsible for ensuring all communication is properly filtered between clients and developers. Organization, efficiency, attention to detail, skillful boundary setting, and multi-tasking are key skills.
- Monitor and facilitate all communication between all parties involved on any given project: you are the shield for the development team and the filter for the client
- Client expectation management
- Budget, timeline, scope management and negotiation
- Planning and managing development sprints and project timelines
- Monitor and facilitate moving projects swiftly through the project pipeline
- Provide estimates, keep detailed track of all project costs and prepare billing documents
- Perform QA and other testing as needed
- Keep detailed track of your time
- Onboard new clients and projects; execute post-launch follow-ups and monitoring
- Lead client meetings and ensure clients feel informed and trusting throughout the course of their project or retainer as necessary; keeping detailed notes; setting to dos and following up where necessary
- Assemble and send weekly status updates to clients where necessary
- Where helpful, you are willing to be on sales calls and in meetings with prospects to help inform, contribute ideas or close a sale
- Participate in content creation, conference attendance, and potentially speaking engagements
- Make suggestions for improving our systems and PM processes
- Define and document systems and processes
- You have experience in the ecommerce space
- You have experience with Shopify, Magento, and/or BigCommerce
- You are able to analyze Google Analytics
- You have a working knowledge of Photoshop and other Adobe programs
- You have UX/UI experience
- You live in North Carolina
Expertise: 2-3 years minimum experience in digital project management
Skills: Experience working in the ecommerce space; Knowledge of Basecamp, Teamwork, Slack, Microsoft Office, Google Apps; General working knowledge of Magento, Shopify, WordPress, BigCommerce
Ideal Candidate Qualities:
- Incredibly detail oriented & organized
- Extremely web-savvy
- Friendly and calm under fire
- Ability to skillfully set clear boundaries and manage expectations, ensuring projects stay within scope, while not alienating clients
- Can understand and untangle technical jargon and learn new technology quickly
- Professional, but accessible and fun in communications
- Ability to thrive and self-manage effectively while working remotely
- Expert communicator and presenter in meetings, on the phone; has superb written and proofing skills
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to do what it takes to see projects through to their successful completion
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast paced, deadline and detail driven environment
- Willingness to stick to and improve upon existing processes
- Committed to excellence
WHY COMMAND C?
- We are committed to finding the best talent, regardless of location; you can work remotely
- We have a clear vision, purpose and values
- We are the best in ecommerce development and it is a joy to be a part of a winning team
- We are dedicated to quality of life and enjoying the work we do and the people we work with
- We love our clients (they rock!)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Part-time, contract to hire position: Between 3-6 months contract to ensure it’s the right fit before leading to full-time (or part-time if desired) employment. Generous PTO package, health insurance benefits and/or stipend, and more. We are a distributed company, the position is remote. That said, our ideal candidate is based on the east coast.
Please send in your resume, cover letter, and provide an email interaction between you and a client that best represents your work to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please give specific examples of your project management experience and past tools and methodology you have used. Please put “I’d love to work at Command C” in the subject of the email.
Deadline: rolling. Goal for start date is between October 15th – November 15th, 2019.
ABOUT COMMAND C
Command C is a distributed, yet highly collaborative and specialized ecommerce development agency with home-bases in Brooklyn, NY and Carrboro, NC. We are a value-driven, boutique company offering a variety of technical services in the ecommerce space.