SHOPIFY PLUS DEVELOPER – Part Time/Contract
We are seeking to hire a mid-level Shopify Plus developer to work between 10-20 hours/week (with potential for more with the right fit) on various ecommerce projects. The majority of the work we need done is on Shopify Plus, but experience with these other platforms is highly desirable: Magento, BigCommerce, WordPress/WooCommerce.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking to add additional resources to our team without disrupting our culture and the operating style we currently have. This role is a contract position, with variable weekly hours depending on project availability and needs, but will typically vary between 10 – 20 hours per week on an as needed basis, with the potential to increase with the right-fit candidate.
This role is responsible for working with the internal team to help identify optimal solutions for our clients’ needs on Shopify Plus. The individual in this role will work on building and customizing frontend themes (HTML, CSS, JS, and PHP/Liquid), crafting custom apps and general feature and site enhancement. The job may include reviewing third-party themes and apps that may be available for a given requirement. For third-party apps and other software, this individual will be responsible for configuration, testing, integration, and implementation. This individual may also be involved in code audits, ADA compliance work as well as technical strategy and discovery.
We expect use of coding best practices, source control, etc. Key skills for this role include: organization, efficiency, excellent communication, attention to detail, multi-tasking, and thinking outside of the box to identify unique solutions.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please put “I’d love to work at Command C” in the subject of the email. In your cover letter, please answer the following:
- Please list the ecommerce platforms with which you have familiarity and specify how many projects of each you have worked on.
- How many years have you been working in the ecommerce space? Please list relevant experience.
- Explain your what your development approach would be for building a custom Shopify app.
- Describe your level of familiarity with Liquid.
- Describe the most exciting project you’ve worked on that highlights your programming experience.
- What is your hourly rate?
- What sort of availability do you have?
- Please also include links to a couple of links to recent, live projects.
ABOUT COMMAND C
Command C is a distributed, yet highly collaborative and specialized ecommerce development agency. We are a value-driven, boutique company offering a variety of technical services in the ecommerce space.