The project manager is the key point of contact for clients and the technical team members. They are responsible for ensuring all projects are executed with the highest quality according to timeline and budget; ensuring all clients receive the experience of feeling like they are our top priority and that they are being guided through this process with an experienced, knowledgeable and professional partner; facilitating effective communication between all parties working on a project; producing accurate billing documents for every client on a monthly basis.
The project manager responsibilities are as follows:
- Monitor and facilitate communication between all parties involved on any given project: be the day-to-day contact for Client, handle all communication between Command C and Designers and Development team. You will be the main point of contact between the Client and Command C.
- Monitor and facilitate moving projects swiftly through the pipeline; bumping slowed or stalled projects to get them through as quickly as possible while ensuring top quality results.
- Keep detailed track of all project costs and prepare billing documents 1-2x/month in Google Drive.
- Prepare all project timelines, buffering time between development team dates and client delivery dates, and then meeting or beating all deadlines.
- Assemble site guides for clients outlining how to use their platform.
- Keep detailed track of your time spent on each project using Slimtimer or other.
- Onboard new clients and projects and follow systems setup for doing so; execute post-launch follow-ups and monitoring.
- Follow up with clients post launch.
- Lead client meetings and ensure clients feel informed and trusting throughout the course of their project or retainer as necessary; keeping detailed notes; setting to dos and following up where necessary.
- Lead and take detailed notes during retrospectives.
- Keep detailed notes on all internal and external meetings.
- Execute the QA process according to documented practices.
- Send weekly status reports to manager outlining all work outside of project specific work done that week.
- Assemble and send weekly status updates to clients where necessary.
- Where helpful, you are willing to be on sales calls and in meetings with potential clients to help inform, contribute ideas or close a sale.
- Participate in social media: sending ideas and photos to social media manager (designer), writing blog post from time to time (no more than 1x/mo).
- Make suggestions for improving our systems and PM processes.
- You have a working knowledge of Photoshop and other Adobe programs.
- You have design/UX/UI experience.
Tactical work is 95%, Strategic work is 5%
Education: Bachelors degree or higher. 2-3 years minimum experience in project management.
Skills: Experience working in the ecommerce space. Knowledge of Basecamp, Slack, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Slimtimer. General working knowledge of WordPress, Magento, Shopify.
Personal Qualities: Extremely web-savvy; can understand and untangle technical jargon and learn new technology quickly. Incredibly detail oriented & organized. Friendly and calm under fire. Professional, but accessible and fun in communications. Ability to thrive and self-manage time effectively while working remotely or in one of our offices. Expert communicator and presenter in meetings, on the phone; has superb written and proofing skills. Ability to skillfully set clear boundaries and manage expectations, ensuring projects stay within scope, while not alienating clients. Strong problem solving skills and willingness to do what it takes to see projects through to their successful completion. Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast paced, deadline and detail driven environment. Willingness to stick to and improve upon existing processes.
WHY COMMAND C?
- We are committed to finding the best talent, regardless of location; you can work remotely or from one of our offices.
- We have a clear vision, purpose and values.
- We are the best in ecommerce development and it is a joy to be a part of a winning team.
- We are dedicated to quality of life and enjoying the work we do and the people we work with.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
This is a 6-month full-time contract (1099) position with the possibility to come onboard long term depending on your success in the role.
Please send in your resume, cover letter, three work-related references (on request), and provide an email interaction between you and a client that best represents your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please give specific examples of your project management experience and past tools and methodology you have used. Please put “I really want to work at Command C” in the subject of the email.
ABOUT COMMAND C
Command C is a remote, yet highly collaborative and specialized ecommerce web development and implementation studio with offices in Brooklyn, NY and Carrboro, NC. We are a value-driven, boutique company (currently a six person team) offering a variety of technical services in the ecommerce space.